Chopped dates are extremely versatile and will lend a naturally sweet flavor to your recipes. Perfect for baking, you can add them to cakes, muffins, granola bars, bread pudding, energy bites, or any other treats. They pair well with other dried fruits and nuts, and make a nice addition to oatmeal and cereal. Chopped dates are a healthy option for sweetening smoothies. Their chewy texture is great for tossing with salads, pilafs, rice and quinoa. We’re certain you’ll find many wonderful uses for chopped dates in your cooking!
Chopped dates a healthy replacement for sugar or pastry with tea and coffee.
Chopped Dates and pistachio kernels cake:
Full of sweet and nutty flavors, this Date and Pistachio kernel Cake is a beautiful cake to serve for any event or occasion. Flavored with vanilla bean, this cake batter is made from a ground almond mixture. Sweetened with Date Syrup, this cake incorporates chopped dates and nuts into the batter for additional flavor and texture. With a texture similar to a muffin, this cake makes a great addition to any breakfast or tea time.
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1& 1/2 cups almonds (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 cup pistachio kernels (peeled and chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Open the vanilla pod and extract the seeds. Set aside.
- Remove the pit from the dates and slice into halves.
- In a bowl, mix the vanilla seeds, almonds, baking soda, and salt.
- Separately, mix the eggs, oil, and agave syrup.
- Add the solids mixture. Once smooth, add the dates and walnuts using a spatula.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture in and even out the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove and let it cool and serve.
Celery, chopped dates and walnut salad
- 500gr celery chopped
- 100gr chopped dates
- One apple chopped
- 100gr walnuts
Mix the ingredients add lemon and olive oil or cream with your choice.
Chopped dates in breakfast
Add chopped dates with your cereals in breakfast and enjoy the taste
Chopped dates with Greek yogurt:
- Chopped dates 50gr
- Greel yougurt
- Walnuts 50gr
- Apples one chopped
Mix the ingredients an denjoy the taste
Chopped Date chocolate cake:
Super moist, sweet and full of chocolate flavor, this Chocolate Chip Date Cake is a dream come true for chocoholics.
The crunchy topping of walnuts and chocolate is the perfect complement.
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cups (8 oz /225g) dried dates, pitted and chopped(see notes below)
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ pound (1/2 cup or 115g) unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbs (60g) unsweetened cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (340g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (125g) walnuts, very coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF / 170ºC.
- Butter and flour a 9- by 13-inch (22×33 cm) and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil. In a small bowl put dates and 1 teaspoon of the baking soda. Add boiling water and set aside until needed.
- Sift flour, cocoa, remaining ¾ teaspoons baking soda, and salt over a bowl and set aside.
- Combine 1 cup sugar with butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Beat on high for 1 minute, add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat an additional 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add the sifted dry mixture and beat on low until well combined.
- Add the cooled date mixture and continue to beat for 30 seconds. Remove mixer and thoroughly combine with a spatula.
- Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly, including corners.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until cake starts to dry and rises.
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle chocolate chips on top, then the walnuts and return to the oven to bake for another 20 to 25 more minutes, until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remember you have the chocolate chips on top, not to confuse with uncooked batter.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool on a rack, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Refrigerate cake at least 20 minutes before serving.
Chopped Dates and walnut bread:
Date Walnut Bread is a very nice tea bread bursting with the flavor of sweet dates and crunchy walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) walnuts
- 2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (105 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional) or you can use BERKLY’s chopped dates with cinnamon chopped dates
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanillaextract
Date Walnut Bread: In a bowl mix the chopped dates with the baking soda and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Pour 1 cup (240 ml) of boiling water over the dates, stir, and leave to cool to room temperature (this takes about 30 minutes).
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter, or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan. Then line the bottom of the pan with a piece of parchment paper.
Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly brown and fragrant. Let cool and then chop coarsely.
In your food processor place the flour, sugar, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and ground cinnamon. Process to combine and then add the butter. Process until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Transfer the flour mixture to a large bowl and stir in the chopped walnuts.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg with the vanilla extract.
Then add the beaten egg mixture and the cooled dates (along with the water) to the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Place the batter into your prepared pan, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. Bake about 55 to 65 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out just clean. Place on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from the pan. This bread will keep for several days at room temperature. It can also be frozen.